CBS’s mission and vision are to support and promote the science of Biology in Cyprus.
Specifically, it aims at the following:
- Support of research, teaching and learning in all aspects of
the science of Biology in Cyprus, like:
- Biochemistry, molecular biology and relevant areas (such as molecular genetics)
- Ecology, taxonomy, biological preservation, protection of nature and the environment and relevant areas (such as environmental education, teaching practices of natural sciences)
- Centres for Assisted Reproduction and IVF
- Cell biology, biophysics and relevant areas (such as radiology, radiobiology, cytopathology and bioinformation)
- Botany, mycology, ecophysiology, morphology and physiology of plants and relevant areas (such as mycology and bacteriology)
- Zoology and marine biology and relevant areas (such as protozoology, entomology, animal behaviour, evolutionary biology, ichthyology, ecotoxicology and aquacultures)
- Microbiology and relevant areas (such as parasitology, virology, molecular and applied microbiology)
- Genetics and biotechnology and relevant areas (such as human genetics, population genetics, immunogenetics, microbial genetics, developmental genetics, pharmacology, genetic modification – improvement of organisms, biotechnology and applications in medicine, bioindustry, agriculture, environment)
- Physiology of animals and humans and relevant areas (such as immunology, histology, histophysiology, embryology, comparative endocrinology and haematology)
- Creation and support of professional contacts and information exchanges, including the organisation of scientific meetings, workshops and seminars, between biologists in Cyprus as well as biologists outside Cyprus
- Provision for assistance and support as well as rewards for Cypriot scientists, lecturers and students in Cyprus and Cypriot biologists abroad
- Broadening the interaction and networking between scientific events in Cyprus in all aspects of biology and their application in health, medicine, environment and industry.
- Participation of CBS in economic and social aspects relating to biological sciences.